Why Work at Aspect?
Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally-focused earth+water specialists in hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and engineering. A diverse blend of public and private projects, ranging in technical complexity, provides you a balance between applied problem solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally.
Active, engaged, and growing
Our steady growth creates opportunities for skilled professionals. We encourage entry level and experienced candidates with advanced degrees, strong communication skills, and relevant background to contact us. We recruit nationally and provide relocation assistance when appropriate. Aspect offers a competitive benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.
Think you belong at Aspect? Join Aspect's Talent Network to connect with us. We review Talent Network submissions frequently and follow-up when we have appropriate job openings. In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and checkout our website news feed.
Aspect Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran and military status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA, Seattle, WA, Yakima, WA, or Portland, OR
Aspect Consulting, LLC, an earth science and engineering consulting firm, is hiring for an entry level Geologist-in-Training with experience and interest leading to licensure as a Hydrogeologist. This position will support our growing Water Resources practice. This role is a full-time, career-track position with an initial professional development focus on field data collection, growing over time into hydrogeologic analyses, and eventually project and client management.
- Conduct hydrogeologic field investigations, including sampling and logging of soil and rock during drilling, water supply well siting, design, installation, and development, and aquifer testing; groundwater monitoring, streamflow gaging, infiltration testing, and a range of related activities to support environmental remediation projects.
- Compile and analyze data, including preparation of hydrographs, water quality diagrams, and graphical representations of subsurface conditions, and development of site-specific conceptual hydrogeologic models.
- Performing simple to complex quantitative analysis of groundwater systems.
- Technical report writing.
- Master of Science degree in hydrogeology or geology with a strong emphasis in hydrogeology.
- 0 to 2 years of experience conducting fieldwork on environmental assessment and remediation or water supply projects.
- Geologist-in-Training (GIT)
- Ability to collect quality field data, including a high level of attention to detail and thorough documentation.
- Practical knowledge of GIS/CAD, data entry and management using excel and database software, and environmental data collection and analysis methods.
- Knowledge of and experience with aquifer test methods and analysis.
- Knowledge of soil and rock classification standards, geochemistry, and analytical and numerical groundwater flow modeling.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Clear writing and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions in rugged and sometimes remote field locations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel long distances and accommodate occasional overnight travel. Travel is most often in central Washington, greater Puget Sound, and northern Oregon.
- Must be able to operate cars, vans, and pickup trucks in various weather conditions and after dark.
Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
Posted: June 29, 2017
Aspect Consulting’s growing Northwest practice is creating opportunities for a senior-level environmental professional based in Oregon, likely Portland but could easily be elsewhere in the state. The successful candidate is one who works well in an advisory capacity among decision makers in the private sector—environmental attorneys, property owners, and developers. This position carries business development and team leadership expectations and rewards.
This is a prime opportunity for an individual who has built their career by specializing in relationship-building within Oregon’s legal profession. Bring your relationships and entrepreneurial spirit to a firm that provides the perfect foundation for your practice to thrive. Work where you live, and join our mission to make the communities we live in better.
Responsibilities will include technical project management and reporting, client management, and project opportunity identification/development. Aspect has a bright team of remediation engineers, hydrogeologists, and visual data specialists capable of aiding in your success. Aspect is known in the industry as an incubator for forward-looking professionals that can grow and tackle new challenges. We have a strong senior peer group for guidance and a diverse and talented staff for support. Our technical reputation will enhance your professional growth and project opportunities.
- Advanced degree in engineering, hydrogeology, or closely related field
- 15+ years of applied consulting experience
- PE license or Registered Geologist in Oregon
- Demonstrated success in client portfolio development and management
- Applied knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations
- Strong conceptual skills with multidisciplinary capability
- Applied knowledge of due diligence, site characterization, and remediation
- Clear writing and communication skills
- Problem-solving and client-service mindset
Location: Yakima, WA
Posted: May 15, 2017
Aspect Consulting, LLC, a specialty earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Geotechnical and Infrastructure Practice. Aspect’s geotechnical engineering staff collaborate on a wide variety of public and private infrastructure projects. We provide geotechnical engineering services for market sectors including: transportation, water and wastewater conveyance and treatment, urban infill and redevelopment, steep slope sensitive areas floodplain and natural habitat restoration. Our geotechnical engineers are supported by a diverse and talented group of engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, CAD/GIS professionals, and technical editors.
This position will allow the successful candidate to build upon his or her existing geotechnical experience and client relationships, to mentor junior staff, and help manage the execution of our existing projects. The successful candidate will also have the flexibility to branch out from Seattle to join our growing geotechnical team and be the first geotechnical engineer in our Yakima office. The position requires periodic travel to various project sites around the state, and occasionally to our other offices for in-person meetings and collaboration.
- A Master of Science in Civil Engineering, geotechnical engineering emphasis
- PE in Washington State
- 5+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrable business development acumen
- Proven experience and success managing large and small geotechnical engineering projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter accustomed to working independently
- Interactive team of 90+ professionals across 6 offices in Washington and Oregon
- Casual, collaborative office environment