Why Work at Aspect?
Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally-focused earth+water specialists in hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and engineering. A diverse blend of public and private projects, ranging in technical complexity, provides you a balance between applied problem solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally.
Active, engaged, and growing
Our steady growth creates opportunities for skilled professionals. We encourage entry level and experienced candidates with advanced degrees, strong communication skills, and relevant background to contact us. We recruit nationally and provide relocation assistance when appropriate. Aspect offers a competitive benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.
Think you belong at Aspect? Join Aspect's Talent Network to connect with us. We review Talent Network submissions frequently and follow-up when we have appropriate job openings. In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and checkout our website news feed.
Aspect Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran and military status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Marketing and Proposal Coordinator
Location: Seattle, WA
Posted: August 6, 2018
Aspect Consulting, a firm specializing in earth + water science and engineering, is seeking a full-time, Marketing and Proposal Coordinator to support our Environmental practice while also collaborating with the Marketing team to support other practices. The successful candidate will be a strong persuasive proposal writer, complimented by an ability to weave together written material with compelling visual graphics.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proactive proposal preparation and coordination, including developing strategic win themes, producing and tailoring content, editing, interview preparation, coaching, and submittal debrief
- Maintain files and systems to organize, streamline, and advance our proposal and marketing efforts
- Develop marketing materials and provide quality graphic design skills to relay the strategic message for each proposal
- Partner with marketing team and senior leaders on RFP, RFQ and SOQ responses
- Maintain strong attention to detail while meeting overlapping deadlines and managing your time effectively under pressure
- Ability to deliver high-quality documents and provide exceptional internal customer service
- Eagerness to pitch in and help where needed
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in a professional office setting
- Experience preparing qualifications-based proposals
- Strong persuasive writing focus and ability to distill complex technical concepts into business language
- Excellent written communication and visual graphics skills
- Strong editing capabilities including spelling, grammar, and sentence structure
- Professional curiosity and desire to seek why things work
- Expert level experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- BA degree in related field or additional relevant experience required
- A/E/C experience a plus
Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer – Urban Redevelopment
Location: Seattle or Bainbridge Island, WA
Aspect Consulting, LLC (Aspect), a specialty earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Geotechnical and Infrastructure Practice. This position particularly seeks an individual with geotechnical experience on Seattle area urban redevelopment projects. Aspect’s geotechnical engineering staff collaborate on a wide variety of public and private infrastructure projects including; transportation, water and wastewater conveyance and treatment, urban infill and redevelopment, steep slope sensitive areas floodplain and natural habitat restoration. Our geotechnical engineers are supported by a diverse and talented group of engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, CAD/GIS professionals, and technical editors and conversely, our geotechnical engineers also support the Aspect’s environmental and water resource practices. See our Case Studies for a sampling of project types.
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in geotechnical engineering
- 5 to 15 years of local professional geotechnical consulting experience
- PE registration
- Seattle area urban redevelopment experience
- Field exploration, geotechnical analysis, reporting, and construction phase experience
- Experience applying foundation engineering, slope stability, ground improvement and seismic evaluation analyses toward practical engineering solutions
- Experience operating commonly utilized geotechnical analysis software for field data reduction, slope stability, foundation and shoring design, seismic analysis, etc.
- Geotechnical design experience (AutoCAD capabilities is a plus)
- Proactive, self-motivated, continuous-learning, can-do mentality
- High-quality standards and an eye for detail
- Good organizational skills and focused task or project manager
- Client-focused thinker
- Clear writing and excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel for project work and collaboration across Washington and Oregon