Aspect has assisted the Port of Seattle in complying with mapping, SWPPP, O&M, best management practices, and records-keeping requirements of their Phase I Municipal NPDES Permit.
Our work has included the following:
- Developing and maintaining a geodatabase mapping the stormwater conveyance system for all Seaport facilities. Coordinated initial mapping of stormwater system. Updated GIS system as new information is learned or system is modified by construction.
- Coordinating development of a web mapping application to share stormwater mapping data within the Port.
- Custom database application development to track Port leases to determine relevance to stormwater management.
- Planning and design of a temporary stormwater collection and treatment system.
- Participating in development of Operation and Maintenance Manual for stormwater system. Updated O&M manual to include new City of Seattle requirements in 2010.
- Developing and maintaining a stormwater records keeping data base.
- Developing SWPPPs for all Seaport operated facilities. Developed SWPPP template for use by Port tenants. Assisted a few port tenants in completing SWPPP template.
- Overhauling recreational and commercial vessel BMPs.
- Managed laboratory and field water quality monitoring data and submitted final data to Ecology’s database EIM.
- Conducting a planning exercise for Industrial Stormwater General Permit.
- Assisting with outfall inspections.