Why Work at Aspect?
Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally-focused earth+water specialists in hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and engineering. A diverse blend of public and private projects, ranging in technical complexity, provides you a balance between applied problem solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally.
Active, engaged, and growing
Our steady growth creates opportunities for skilled professionals. We encourage entry level and experienced candidates with advanced degrees, strong communication skills, and relevant background to contact us. We recruit nationally and provide relocation assistance when appropriate. Aspect offers a competitive benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.
Think you belong at Aspect? Join Aspect's Talent Network to connect with us. We review Talent Network submissions frequently and follow-up when we have appropriate job openings. In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and checkout our website news feed.
Aspect Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran and military status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Technical Support Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Posted: June 4, 2018
We're looking for the right person to join our team and embrace our culture, which includes a strong foundation of excellent internal customer service. Aspect’s IT team is seeking a Technical Support Specialist that will be able to provide Staff IT support, as well as helping with IT project needs in the firm. The right candidate will enjoy solving problems, documenting solutions, and providing both in-person and remote assistance for technology-related issues. The position will be Techin our Seattle office, but travel may be required to support our satellite offices as we continue to grow. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform day-to-day support activities to maintain employee systems: telephony, desktop, and network access
- Provide exceptional, unparalleled internal customer service; a smile, how can I help attitude, and ability to speak and write so that the general public can understand.
- Procure and deploy new software and hardware as needed
- Maintain software licensing, as well as a licensed library to track available and used resources
- Train employees in the use of software and hardware as needed
- Provide clear and calm support in the event of an emergency
- Stay current on emerging technology, and be able to provide recommendations for future technology investments
- Interact with Aspect employees to understand the way Aspect performs work, and seek creative ways to improve our workflows with technology
- Work with the management teams to develop Aspect's Technology Strategy, and see it effectively implemented
- Assist with maintenance of Windows server infrastructure, including backups, OS/firmware patching, and monitoring performance
- Monitoring of network LAN/WAN infrastructures and performance
- Support updates to AD environment in our network and on subscribed services
- 2+ Years of Help Desk support experience
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field, comparable IT certifications, or commensurate experience
- Experience monitoring and supporting desktop technologies – including Windows 7/10 and Apple iOS – using local and remote management methods
- Understanding of Cloud Computing, including off-site data storage and backups
- Understanding of VPN and secure remote connection technologies (Pulse Secure & Meraki a plus)
- Experience with backup and Business Disaster Recovery technologies (Acronis a plus)
- Experience with IP Telephony/PBX systems (Mitel a plus)
- Understanding of database applications and solutions (Access, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with configuring, managing, and supporting Windows Server 2008/2012
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Server Virtualization
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN network infrastructure (switching, routing, DHCP, DNS, NAT, VPN)
- Capable of clear and effective communication between business audiences: management, employees, customers, and partners.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Ability to travel between office locations; a valid driver's license and vehicle ownership are preferred.
- Physical Demands: To meet the needs of this position, will need to be capable of lifting/moving loads of up to 50 pounds, and accessing hardware in narrow spaces (under desks, in server rooms).
Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer – Urban Redevelopment
Location: Seattle or Bainbridge Island, WA
Aspect Consulting, LLC (Aspect), a specialty earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Geotechnical and Infrastructure Practice. This position particularly seeks an individual with geotechnical experience on Seattle area urban redevelopment projects. Aspect’s geotechnical engineering staff collaborate on a wide variety of public and private infrastructure projects including; transportation, water and wastewater conveyance and treatment, urban infill and redevelopment, steep slope sensitive areas floodplain and natural habitat restoration. Our geotechnical engineers are supported by a diverse and talented group of engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, CAD/GIS professionals, and technical editors and conversely, our geotechnical engineers also support the Aspect’s environmental and water resource practices. See our Case Studies for a sampling of project types.
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in geotechnical engineering
- 5 to 15 years of local professional geotechnical consulting experience
- PE registration
- Seattle area urban redevelopment experience
- Field exploration, geotechnical analysis, reporting, and construction phase experience
- Experience applying foundation engineering, slope stability, ground improvement and seismic evaluation analyses toward practical engineering solutions
- Experience operating commonly utilized geotechnical analysis software for field data reduction, slope stability, foundation and shoring design, seismic analysis, etc.
- Geotechnical design experience (AutoCAD capabilities is a plus)
- Proactive, self-motivated, continuous-learning, can-do mentality
- High-quality standards and an eye for detail
- Good organizational skills and focused task or project manager
- Client-focused thinker
- Clear writing and excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel for project work and collaboration across Washington and Oregon