Why Work at Aspect?
Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally-focused earth+water specialists in hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and engineering. A diverse blend of public and private projects, ranging in technical complexity, provides you a balance between applied problem solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally.
Active, engaged, and growing
Our steady growth creates opportunities for skilled professionals. We encourage entry level and experienced candidates with advanced degrees, strong communication skills, and relevant background to contact us. We recruit nationally and provide relocation assistance when appropriate. Aspect offers a competitive benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.
Think you belong at Aspect? We’re always open to inquiries from talented people; submit your resume and we’ll take a look!
Aspect Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran and military status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Location: Yakima, WA
Posted: May 15, 2017
Aspect Consulting, LLC, a specialty earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Geotechnical and Infrastructure Practice. Aspect’s geotechnical engineering staff collaborate on a wide variety of public and private infrastructure projects. We provide geotechnical engineering services for market sectors including: transportation, water and wastewater conveyance and treatment, urban infill and redevelopment, steep slope sensitive areas floodplain and natural habitat restoration. Our geotechnical engineers are supported by a diverse and talented group of engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, CAD/GIS professionals, and technical editors.
This position will allow the successful candidate to build upon his or her existing geotechnical experience and client relationships, to mentor junior staff, and help manage the execution of our existing projects. The successful candidate will also have the flexibility to branch out from Seattle to join our growing geotechnical team and be the first geotechnical engineer in our Yakima office. The position requires periodic travel to various project sites around the state, and occasionally to our other offices for in-person meetings and collaboration.
- A Master of Science in Civil Engineering, geotechnical engineering emphasis
- PE in Washington State
- 5+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrable business development acumen
- Proven experience and success managing large and small geotechnical engineering projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter accustomed to working independently
- Interactive team of 90+ professionals across 6 offices in Washington and Oregon
- Casual, collaborative office environment
Location: Seattle, WA
Posted: April 5, 2017
Aspect is seeking a skilled CAD Drafter to join our Data & Mapping team to support the firm’s earth and water practices. This is a full-time position dedicated to CAD support, but will be part of a larger team of spatial and data analysts responsible for developing visualizations for Aspect’s projects. Responsibilities will include developing and editing figures in CAD, as well as integrating the efforts of our CAD, GIS, and Data Scientists into final deliverables.
- Experience with Civil 3D and/or AutoCAD Map required, with an understanding of coordinate system and projection theory and the practical application in AutoCAD products
- Experience developing cartographic quality maps, technical illustrations, and engineering plans
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new tools and apply new workflows
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel)
- Clear communication skills
- Problem-solving and client-service mindset
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D design methods and Land Desktop
- Experience working with Civil 3D objects: Surfaces, Alignments, Profiles, Sections, and Grading Groups
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and/or other ESRI products
- Experience with data interoperability between applications
- Knowledge of Survey methods
- Familiarity with the science of Aspect’s other technical disciplines (Environmental, Water Resources, and Geotechnical Engineering)
- Prior consulting experience
- 50-person office in Seattle, Washington
- Interactive team of 90+ professionals across six offices in Washington and Oregon
- Casual, collaborative, and professional office environment
Location: Bainbridge Island
Posted: April 5, 2017
Aspect Consulting LLC, a specialty earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our Bainbridge Island office. Job duties include the following:
- Prepare client invoices and supporting documentation;
- Various project budget preparation and tracking;
- Work with project managers and clients to monitor accounts receivable;
- Daily client credit cards and ACH deposits processing;
- Weekly project specific reports and other reports upon request;
- Creation and maintenance of various spreadsheets;
- Project set up and maintenance;
- Performing routine office support tasks including filing, photocopying/scanning and use of other general office equipment; and
- May assist Accounting team with special projects as required.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 2+ years Admin or Accounting in a professional environment
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience in project accounting
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and MS Office
- Experience working in Architecture or Engineering industry
- Experience with payroll a plus
- Team player and ability to coordinate between offices
- Customer service and problem-solving mind set
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail is a must
- 12+ person office in Bainbridge Island
- Interactive team of 90+ professionals across six offices in Washington
- Casual, collaborative, and professional office environment
Location: Seattle or Bainbridge Island
Posted: April 6, 2017
Aspect is seeking a Staff Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our team of strategic advisors supporting the environmental practice on environmental assessments and remediation projects. This is a full-time, career-track position, with the initial professional development focus on field data collection, growing over time into geologic and hydrogeologic analyses, and eventually project and client management. Responsibilities will include conducting field activities at closed landfills and contaminated sites; compiling and analyzing data, including preparation of graphical representations of subsurface conditions and geologic/hydrogeologic conceptual site models; performing simple quantitative analysis of groundwater systems; and writing technical reports. The position also requires frequent travel around the Pacific Northwest with occasional overnight trips, and the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and/or in rugged and sometimes remote field locations for extended periods of time.
- Advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology, or closely related field
- 0- to 2- years of experience conducting field work on environmental assessment and remediation projects
- Geologist-in-Training (GIT) registration
- Experience with and/or coursework focused on Pacific Northwest geology including glacial deposits and Columbia Basin basalts
- Practical knowledge of GIS/CAD, data entry and management using Excel and database software, and environmental data collection and analysis methods
- Knowledge of, and experience with, soil classification standards, aquifer test methods and analysis, geochemistry and chemical fate and transport
- Experience working on construction or industrial sites and around hazardous materials
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Clear writing and communication skills