Mike Mills recently joined Aspect's Portland, Oregon office. Here are five questions we asked to get to know him better.
Mike Mills, Project Software Developer
1. Where are you from? If you’re not from the Pacific Northwest, what brought you here?
I was born in Portland Oregon, but grew up in Sisters, Oregon (just north of Bend).
2. What inspired you to pursue software development? What made you curious about it?
I learned how to code my freshman year of high school and from then on knew exactly what I wanted to do with my professional life.
3. What do you like best about your area of expertise? What excites you and keeps you motivated?
I really enjoy solving complex problems, which coding allows me to do with ease. The thing that excites me the most is to finish a project and have a client be completely satisfied with the work that’s been done.
4. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
When I‘m not working, I enjoy running around the Portland waterfront and reading with my wife. I also enjoy salmon fishing every season with my Dad and Mom in Newport, Oregon.
5. Where in the world would you like to travel next?
After visiting Italy this last October, I would love to go back to Europe and visit either France or Spain. My wife speaks French, so that would be a bonus having a translator.